What is 457 Visa?
The Temporary Work (Skilled) visa (subclass 457) allows skilled workers to come to Australia and work for an approved business for up to four years.
You must be sponsored by an approved business. A business can sponsor anyone for this visa if they cannot find an Australian citizen or permanent resident to do the skilled work.
Benefits of this visa
- work in Australia for up to four years
- bring your family to work or study in Australia
- travel in and out of Australia multiple times .
Employers sponsoring under the 457 visa scheme are required to meet a numerous requirements before they can be approved as a sponsor by DIAC (Department of Immigration And Citizenship).
One such requirement is the need to demonstrate their contribution and commitment to the training of Australians by satisfying atleast one of the following "Training Benchmarks" outlined by DIAC.
- Training Benchmark A: Employers pay 2 percent of their payroll (incurred in their previous financial year) expenditure to an industrial training fund related to the employer's business.
- Training Benchmark B: Employers spend 1 percent of their payroll (incurred in their previous financial year) on training their Australian citizen or permanent resident employees.
Both the above options require the employer to make a continuous financial commitment to spend on their employees training for each financial year they remain as a sponsor.
New Businesses operating in Australia for less than a year (at the time of application) who cannot satisfy Benchmark A or B can instead submit a plan in which they outline how they aim to meet one of the training benchmarks within their next financial year. The plan must be auditable, it must clearly explain the intended expenditure to meet either of the benchmarks and it must show the employer's clear intention to implement the plan.
We at APEIRO provide assistance in fulfilling Training Benchmark B. The employer willing to sponsor someone can draft a training plan with our assistance or an employer can fulfil their training requirements through the Benchmark Training Courses that we provide*. As an Employer you will have the access to the online training modules and we can assist you in assigning the respective modules to your employees that are relevant to your area of work.
*All training Modules are developed and provided through an affiliated RTO