Course Fee: $737.20
Funding from WA Govt.., Easy payment plans available.
Certificate III in early childhood education and care Perth
The certificate III in early childhood education and care Perth addresses the knowledge and skills required to provide education and care to individuals and groups of children, and plan activities that facilitate play and leisure, enabling them to achieve their developmental goals. Qualifying in the child care certificate III course is a pre-requisite to work as a child care worker, support implementation of a learning framework, and aid in children’s wellbeing and development.
Based on the setting, educators may work under direct supervision or autonomously in different child care facilities like crèches, full day care centers, early learning centers and occasional care facilities.
How You Can Benefit from Certificate III in Early Childhood and Child care?
- The course helps you gain knowledge and skills to provide dedicated care and plan interesting and educational activities to maximize child development in your care.
- It is nationally recognized and meets Australian Qualifications Framework standards, giving you an edge.
- With certificate III in early childhood education and care Perth, you can work as a professional in the fields of childcare assistant, family day care worker, playgroup supervisor and childcare worker.
- You gain a deep understanding of child development milestones and feel confident working with children, from babies to 5 year old.
Intensive Course: 23 weeks inc WBT of 190 hours.
Concession Fees: $737.20
Non Concession Fees: $2470.00
This qualification suits students seeking employment in the following job roles:
- Family Day Care Carer
- Early Childhood Educator - Assistant level
- Kindergarten Assistant
- Preschool Assistant
The delivery methods for this course include:
- Face-to-face classroom-based learning
- Structured learning activities
- Work-based training
This course includes work-based training of 190 hours. During work-based training, students will be able to obtain practical skills and experience in real workplace settings. This will assist students to be job-ready at graduation.
Recognition is available (on application) to students with prior skills, experience, knowledge or qualifications obtained from formal studies or training, in a related area. Recognition may reduce the duration of your studies.
- Completion of Australian Year 10 or equivalent
- Students are also required to provide:
- Working with Children Check *
- National Police Clearance *
* Required before commencement of course
Students must successfully complete the following units:
- Work legally and ethically
- Develop cultural competence
- Ensure the health and safety of children
- Provide care for children
- Promote and provide healthy food and drinks
- Provide care for babies and toddlers
- Develop positive and respectful relationships with children
- Use an approved learning framework to guide practice
- Support the holistic development of children in early childhood
- Provide experiences to support children’s play and learning
- Use information about children to inform practice
- Identify and respond to children and young people at risk
- Provide an emergency first aid response in an education and care setting
- Participate in work health and safety
- Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- Support behaviour of children and young people
- Support children to connect with their world
- Comply with family day care administration requirements
9 Jan, 13 Mar, 22 May, 7 Aug, 9 Oct
On completion of the Certificate III in Early Childhood Education and Care, students may pursue a Diploma of Early Childhood Education and Care.
* All courses provided through Affiliated RTO No: 51973.